Monday, September 22, 2014

Classic Banana Bread

Well I think it's about time I had a classic banana bread recipe on the blog. Scrolling through my past posts I realized I only had one banana bread option over the past year and a half! With the start of my favourite season, and the cool, fall air outside, it seemed like the perfect day to make banana bread. I've made this recipe so many times, and it never fails. It's moist, perfectly dense, with just a hint of sweetness. 


Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 medium size bananas, mashed

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a loaf pan. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs on at a time. Mix in mashed bananas until combined. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, until just moistened. Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment