Friday, March 1, 2013

Banana Nutella Granola

Going along with my granola kick of November, I went ahead and tried out a few kinds that we're probably less on the healthy-hippy-granola side and probably more on the I'm-calling-it-granola-even-though-it's-covered-in-chocolate side. Either way the recipe I followed for Banana Nutella Granola was delicious.

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup of ground flax (and/or chia seeds)
1 cup almonds, roughly sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup banana chips

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Mix together the oats, flax, almonds and cinnamon. In a saucepan on medium-low heat, combine the banana, Nutella, honey and salt. Boil for one minute, remove from heat and combine with the oats until well coated. Evenly spread over a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally for even baking. Once cooled store in an airtight container for at least 2 weeks - though mine lasted for much less, I really love snacking okay? Overall a delicious take on granola that was perfect atop a bowl of vanilla yogurt - or I imagine even on ice cream but I suppose that would take me even further away from the healthy-hippy side of things now wouldn't it. Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment