Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Hey! I'm back again! I know this summer hasn't been the best for blogging, but I really enjoyed my time working for LiNK and don't regret missing out on posts one bit. Now that I'm back in Canada, I'm hoping to get back into baking. You know how my baking mood usually strikes at the strangest of times. Well this week I had arrived home from the cottage late afternoon and seriously felt the need to whip up something sweet. I quickly decided on chocolate chip zucchini bread, seeing as I had never made it before and I already had most of the ingredients in my kitchen. This bread is incredibly moist, with a hint of sweetness from the chocolate. It's perfect for a quick breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack. 



Ingredients 
(Adapted from A Beautiful Mess)

1 1/4 cup grated zucchini (appx. 1 zucchini)
2 eggs
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 F and lightly grease one loaf pan. Finely grate the zucchini. Combine the zucchini, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture, until just combined. Gently stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.

2 comments:

  1. ha! you needed something sweet because we didn't eat enough at the cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i needed to MAKE something sweet! not necessarily eat it (though I have, and continue to)

      Delete