Monday, June 2, 2014

Life Update

Well I went a whole month without posting. At first I felt sort of guilty for not putting up my usual weekly baking or book update, but then I remembered hey, this is a hobby! Hobbies are fun. Hobbies don't bring feelings of guilt, so I'm over that. Instead of apologizing I will update you on life things that have kept me from the blogosphere. 


I had my last day of work this weekend! But Joanna you say, don't you still need a job? Yes, yes I do, and though I will not be earning an income this summer, I think it's safe to say that the next few months are going to be pretty awesome. I'm moving to Los Angeles for the summer! I'll be interning with LiNK and couldn't be happier. 

Also, school. This month has been mayhem and I am so glad it's over. Having class for approximately 24 hours a week, with mountains of homework, and work on top of that was a less than ideal situation. But now it is over! Now I have a week off and it's fantastic. Insanity was totally worth it.

I went on vacation! I spent the last week of April in San Francisco, mostly stuffing my face with delicious food (bread and Mexican food mostly). I also realized that I am probably going to sweat to death this summer seeing as Northern California was too hot for me, so we'll see how I do in the Southern part. 

I've been reading books yes, but nothing so fantastic that I felt okay giving it the Good Books badge of honour. I read Wonder by R.J. Palacio. It's a book meant for 9-12 year olds but I heard so many good things about it that I gave it a read. If you have no shame reading kids' books, or have a kid in the family, this book. This book is it. I also read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn after hearing so much hype about it. This book is messed up. It is all sorts of crazy. If you're into that then cool, but it was a bit too far for me.

That has been my month. Bring on the summer.



Oh, I also turned 26. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you check out the animal-shaped sourdough breads at that place by the ferry to Alcatraz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya i did! I got myself a mini turtle shaped loaf to munch on and I spent too long just watching them make them through the window haha

      Delete