Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thoughts on the Old and New Year

Over the past week or so I've become very thoughtful on the past year. That tends to happen every new years but this past year was a big one for me. There were a lot of surprising changes in my life and I'm feeling like I'm growing in happiness and success in following my dreams. I know, I know that sounds super cheesy, but it's true! This blog started as a personal project last year to keep me inspired and creative in the baking world. I had a few slip ups, and the past couple months I haven't kept up too much on the blog but I still think it was a success! I kept baking and tried a lot of new recipes (like donuts, oof donuts) and feel like having this blog kept me on track. It gave me something to look forward to, something to keep me inspired, and something simple that I could accomplish nearly every week. I'm giving myself five gigantic gold stars! 

With 2014 quickly approaching I've been having a few thoughts on what to do with this blog - whether to keep it up with baking, mix in a few new ideas and how often I should be posting. Basically, since this is for fun, inspiration and creative outlet, this blog is just going to be me. It might be book reviews, new recipes, favourite things, but it will pretty much be anything that makes me happy. I want the new year to be full of positivity and hope this blog can help me keep that up. If you want an official title I guess I'm moving more into the 'Lifestyle' realm of the blogosphere. I want to write about whatever I like without the restrictions of being a baking blog. With all that being said, I'm looking forward to the challenges and excitement of 2014! Happy New Years! 

1 comment: