Monday, June 3, 2013

Simple Iced Tea

We all know by now that I have a strong obsession love for tea. When I'm not drinking water I am having tea, it's a given. Though as the temperature rises I am no longer looking for the cozy, warm feeling tea gives me and need something a bit more refreshing. Enter iced tea - my summer time staple for cooling off and taking care of my much needed tea fix.

Here's what you'll need:

  • Your favourite tea - maybe something fruity (I like David's Tea Pink Flamingo)
  • a large tea infuser ball
  • honey
  • one lemon
  • a pitcher
  • a wooden spoon for mixing
  • a measuring spoon

    Oh, and of course water, but I figured that was a given.

1. Measure 4-5 teaspoons of your favourite tea into the tea infuser ball and seal it. 
2. Pour approximately 1L of boiling water into the pitcher (with the infuser hooked on) and let steep for 5-7 minutes.
3. Stir in 2-4 teaspoons of honey, depending on your preferred sweetness.
4. Slice up a lemon for extra flavour and freshness when serving. 
5. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.



This tea is best enjoyed outdoors when the sun is shining. Put your feet up, get comfy and just relax knowing that you'll be refreshed in a matter of sips. Though, that being said, as I was settling in and enjoying mine it started to pour down rain - so it can just as easily be enjoyed indoors with your ceiling fan!

Tip: if you don't have a tea infuser you can use 2-3 regular sized tea bags instead! Green Tea is another one of my favourites - especially with the honey and lemon.

P.S. I am loving the new beautiful mess app!

No comments:

Post a Comment